Friday, May 12, 2006

Mother's Day Tribute

Since this is Mother's Day weekend, I naturally thought about my own sweet mother who is now in heaven. I could say so many wonderful things about her, but most of you who read this knew her almost as well as I did. I am so thankful God chose her as my mom, and it would be my wish that my own children would be able to remember me that way when I am gone. Hopefully, some of her character traits were woven into me. Then, I also thought about my two daughters and the wonderful mothers they are to their children. I am SO proud of both of them!!!! Even though I raised three kids, I look at them and wonder how they do it and how I did it. I know that we just do what we have to do and don't give it a lot of thought at the time. But the hats a mother wears are many, and I see my daughters wearing those hats with grace, love, patience, and fatigue. I pray for them daily and know they are in God's hands. I know also that they are Christians and love Jesus with all their hearts. How blessed I am to have two beautiful, talented, precious daughters who love their husbands and are bringing up their children to love the Lord. Angela and Jawan, I love you with all my heart! Please be patient with me when I unintentionally try to give you advice - one day you will do your children that way, too. It's a "mother" thing. I hope each of you have a wonderful Mother's Day with you children and husbands. I'll get to spend it, hopefully, with Angela as they have not yet moved. Until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart. Mom.

No comments: