Thursday, June 01, 2006

Adjusting!

I'm finally really experiencing the empty nest syndrome and, so far, it hasn't been too bad. I do miss not having any of the children close by and will probably miss them even more as time goes on. Right now, it just feels like they are on vacation. ha. This past weekend was the first one I've spent all alone, so I stayed really busy doing things I don't normally get to do. Usually, Emily spends Friday nights with me and she and I play, watch movies, eat, etc. Since that was not the case this past weekend, I found other things to occupy my time - vacuuming, mopping, stripping beds, washing, gardening, shopping, visiting with a neighbor I only see in passing, etc. I was pooped by night time, but it was a good tired. On Monday (holiday), I painted the front bedroom, bought a new refrigerator and set out plants around my mailbox. Maybe I'll go yard sale shopping this weekend, visit my neighbor across the street (age 82) that just had a lump removed yesterday from her breast, and who knows what else. Oh, yes, I had a birthday this past Sunday as well and am thankful to have had another one. After church, I went to lunch with a couple from my church and enjoyed spending time with them. I have several projects in my head that I'm working on, so by the time the kids and families all come to my house, I'm hoping to have some neat surprises for them. That's about it for now. Until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart. Mom.

No comments: