Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sisters!

My one and only sister had a milestone birthday this past Sunday - her 70th!!!! She is the most beautiful 70 year old you have ever seen (no one would ever guess her age), both physically and spiritually. As I have said in the past and will probably say again many times yet, she has always been my role model. I love her with all my heart and have more fun with her. Every time I talk to her, she has a funny story to tell of something that has really happened to her. She's been married since the age of 15 (55 years!) to the same wonderful man, is the mother to three beautiful children, the grandmother of 6 beautiful grandchildren, and great-grandmother to 5 precious little ones. Wow! She and I didn't have a lot of growing-up-together time since she married so young and I was only 9. And, since she lives in Los Angeles, there's still not much time together; but the time we have spent has been precious and we've found that we have much in common - we both LOVE shoes, clothes, search word puzzles, eating, shopping, etc., etc. In the event she reads this, I just wanted her to know how much I love her, look up to her, and long for another visit soon. I love you dearly, Sis! Wanda.

No comments: