Thursday, July 13, 2006

Celebrating!!

Wow, I hope your July 4th was a good as mine. Now that I'm the "Grandma" of the family, I stay home and everyone comes to me. ha. Seems only yesterday I was taking my brood to Mississippi to their grandparents for special days. The tables have turned! But I loved having my two daughters, two sons-in-law, and three of my five grandchildren (two were at camp), as well as a neice from Mississippi and her finance all at my house for the holidays. Although we didn't do anything really exciting, just being together, grilling hamburgers and hot dogs, making a freezer of homemade ice cream, watching the fireworks, shopping, eating and eating and eating all made for a wonderful time together. I think one of my favorite things during that time was when we all went outside on 7/3 at night, sat on the tailgate of the pickup, and had our own celebration on my driveway with fireworks we purchased at Walmart. They were beautiful, small and made no noise - perfect for the little ones to watch and not have to worry about any big booms. My girls and families left late Tuesday but I had the whole week off from work as Lora and Scott were staying until Friday. On Wednesday morning, I drove them all over town (which didn't take long - ha) and showed then every place we've lived, the schools all my children attended, my church, ballparks, the Big Oak, etc. Then we came home and ate lunch and headed to Boston (Georgia, not Massachusetts) to a cute little gift shop I had heard about. We had supper at Pizza Hut and then went to church. On Thursday, I brought them to Tallahassee, showed then where I worked, and then to Governor's Square Mall where we ate at Ruby Tuesdays and afterwards did some shopping. I cooked supper for them that night and then they left for Mississippi on Friday morning. It was a great week! Thanks to all for the memories you left with me. The only way the week would have been better is if Stuart had been able to be home with us. His job didn't permit but we talked to him a couple of times during the visit. Maybe next time. This has turned out longer than intended so I'll hush for now. Until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart. Mom.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Nice entry mom. Just get some pictures up there!!