Friday, August 04, 2006

Vacation!

I've had this week off to play with my children and all five grandchildren. Jawan, Andrew and Luke came down this past Sunday and on Monday we drove to Angela's. On Tuesday, we spent most of the day at Blue Springs Park; Wednesday was spent at the pool of a church member and to church that night; Thursday I stayed at Angela's with Ethan, Emily, Andrew and Luke while Steve, Angela, Jawan and Meredith went to Itchetuckne (?) to tube down the river; and we (Jawan, Andrew, Luke and I) came back to my house Thursday afternoon late. Last night after getting home, we went to Walmart for a few things, and I came home with a new computer (Compaq with a 19" flat screen monitor - sweet!!). The keyboard is almost like a laptop, so I'm having a bit of a problem getting used to the touch and spacing of the keys. Thanks to my nephew, John, for getting it hooked up for me. We bumped into him at Walmart, and he volunteered to come by and put it together. He's a computer nut, so I knew he would do it right - and he did! This morning, my new bedroom furniture was delivered and I have a mess now with all the things I had to move out of the room. Where in the world will I put it all?!?!?!? Anyway, Jawan and her babies left about an hour ago and I'm here alone having to readjust. ha. I love "home" but after a week with family, it is kinda lonely when it's over. Oh well, by tomorrow and Sunday, I'll be back in my "rut." The only thing that would have made this week better would have been having Stuart there with us. However, once children are grown and out on their own, it's hard to do exactly as we want and have obligations. But, Sweetheart, I missed not having you with us to make the circle complete! Hopefully, next time. Tomorrow, there are 33 yard sales in the paper, so I plan to hit a few of them. ha. Then, as always, I'll be at my post (the piano) at church on Sunday and giving thanks to God for all of his blessings. Monday, it will be back to work at a job I love and look forward to going to every day. Yeah, I'm weird that way, but it's the truth. So, until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart. Mom.

No comments: