Saturday, August 26, 2006

Week-ending

I know the weekend is not over, but I've had a really goodone so far. We had a memorial service at church this morning for Ralph Bowling and had a really great turnout. It was good to have Dottie back with us for a few days. She is going back home with her children to Ohio tomorrow for a couple of weeks to get all the paperwork finished regarding the funeral home, etc. We ladies prepared lunch for everybody and, as usual, I ate too much. Came home feeling really lazy and had to take a nap. ha. This afternoon, my friend (Ramona) and I went to see "The World Trade Center." It was good, but I was a bit disappointed. The documentary I watched on TV the other night was much better and was real. The movie focused on two families and just didn't do much for me. Oh yes, it did bring a tear or two but just didn't "grab" me like I thought it would. But, I'm glad I saw it. Afterwards, Ramona and I went to Taco Bell and just drank Cokes and sat and talked for about another hour. On my way home, I went by Publix and got some munchies and am now listening to the football game between Tampa Bay and Jacksonville Jaguars while I play on the computer. As I've said before, I love Sundays and am looking forward to being back in God's house with my Christian family. A group of us always go out for lunch after church and then tomorrow night after church everybody is eating together again in the fellowship hall. Wow, we love to eat!! ha. Ok, I bet I've shocked some of you by updating my blog so soon, so I'll hush so you can recuperate. But before I go, just wanted to say that my sweet sister called me this week and we had such a good telephone visit. It made my day and put joy in my heart. We're working on a plan to get together soon somehow. So, until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart. Mom.

No comments: