Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day, Etc.

My Labor Day weekend was good despite not having any of my children/grandchildren at my house. On Saturday morning, my friend (Ramona) and I hit the yard sales until about 9:00 a.m. and had breakfast at Hardees as usual. In the afternoon, I went to my great-nephew's 2nd birthday party, watched the Georgia Dogs beat W. Kentucky, and went to the Labor Day Sing at the City Auditorium that night (Gold City, Dove Brothers and Simple Faith). Wow, were they all great!!! Sunday was spent as usual: Church that morning, out to lunch with a group from church, rest in the afternoon, back to church that night, and out to Dairy Queen after church with the group. As most of you were, I was off on Monday and spent the whole day laboring. ha. Vacuumed, mopped, washed dishes, washed clothes, picked up clutter, dug holes and planted two Sago Palms that I bought on Saturday, and topped the day off by watching the Braves shut out the Mets and Florida State beat Miami. (They were on at the same time, but I caught every bat and every play, thanks to the "recall" button on my remote. ha) I talked to both of my girls during the day, and they too were staying home (gas prices almost demand it) and enjoying their families. I didn't talk to Stuart until tonight, but he rounded out the brood and I'm so thankful they all three had a good weekend. So many of my prayers have been and are being answered for all of them. God is good!!! It was work as usual for me today but I enjoy my job and look forward to going. Don't have anything special going on this week or for the weekend, so guess I'll have to conjure up something. So, until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart. Mom.

No comments: