Saturday, August 19, 2006

Thankful

Yes, I am thankful for a safe trip to and from Ohio this week. Eleven of my church family drove in two vehicles to Ross, Ohio (just above Cincinnati) for the funeral of Ralph Bowling, one of our dear, dear members. That was a long way to go for a funeral, but when Ralph lived there, he was not a Christian and had no affiliation with any church. Therefore, Dottie (his wife) asked if our pastor would conduct his service. It was a wonderful trip full of (1) fun with each other on the way up and back, (2) fear with the fast driving (80-95 mph) and near accident of our own, (3) tiredness, (4) sadness in saying goodbye to Ralph's earthly body even though we know he is in heaven with Jesus; and (5) memories made that will be with us forever. Our church is having a memorial service for Ralph this next Saturday.

I just returned home tonight from dinner at Captain Frank's (fish restaurant - Yuk!) with about 30 of our church members. Of course, I don't like fish and had chicken instead. The food was nothing special but being with each other was great fun. We have such a loving church family and do a lot of things together. One of our members picked up my tab, so that made it extra special.

This morning, my friend Ramona and I went yard sale shopping, had breakfast at Hardees and hit two or three other stores before calling it quits and returning home. That seems to be a regular Saturday morning routine now that Emily is not here to spend Friday nights with me. I miss her greatly but am adjusting. I'm building my movie library so that when she does come visit we can watch something different. ha.

That's about it for now. I have to go watch the Braves finish their game against Florida and hopefully win. They have it 4 to 2 in bottom of seventh but Florida has one on base and another up at bat. So..... Anyway, until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart! Mom.

No comments: