Saturday, August 12, 2006

This 'n That

This is Saturday, and I've done my usual - yard sale shopped with a friend, had breakfast at Hardees afterwards, visited a couple from our church, made a run to Walmart (what's a Saturday without going to Walmart?!), and washed three loads of clothes. Sounds fun, huh? ha. The only sad part of the day was the call telling me that the husband of the couple we visited this morning passed away after lunch. He had cancer and has struggled for the last five years. Just in the past three weeks he began to miss church and finally lapsed into a coma this past week. Of course, we are all delighted for him that he is now in the presence of Jesus but sad that we won't have him among us anymore. It will be especially sad tomorrow at church when I sit at the piano as he won't be beside me playing the bass guitar. I have counted my blessings more than once today and am so thankful for God's goodness to me this far. It has been so hot outside that I have gotten a little lazy. I need to be putting out some plants around my patio and front of the house; I need to wash windows; I need to clean blinds; I need to clean carpets; I need to get my nails done; etc., etc., etc. But what did I do besides what I've already told you? Nothing! Watched a lot of HGTV (I LOVE that channel), nibbled, and played games on the computer. Oh well, maybe another day. I know this is just run-on chatter but felt I should update my blog before one of my children reminds me. ha. Until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart! Mom.

No comments: