Monday, July 21, 2008

At a loss!

Why is it so hard to think of a title for a blog? If you blog, then you can relate. If you don't, you should try it sometime! I'd probably do this more often it I didn't have to name it. ha.

My weekend was wonderful - yard sale shopped with my friend Ramona (neither of us bought a thing!), ate breakfast together at Hardee's, dropped off clothes at consignment shop for Angela, went to Belk's and Bealls, and then home for lunch. The afternoon was spent vacuum-ing (?), dusting and mopping, etc. Yesterday (Sunday) was a blessing as usual. Went to church, had lunch with my usual group of friends, spent most of the afternoon doing nothing until about 5:30 when Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Abigail arrived on their way to Angela's for the week. What a joy it was to have all those little arms wrapped around my neck giving Gami a good dose of sugar. I even think Abigail remembered me as it didn't take her but a couple of minutes to hold up those tiny arms wanting me to pick her up. They stayed about two and a half hours before heading on down to Angela's. I just know they are having a great time. Of course, if I let myself (and I'm trying not to - but instead just turn them over to the Lord) I could worry about their safety as I know they will go swimming, fishing, etc. So, I've already covered them with prayer and know that God will do the rest.

I had a really busy day at work but came home and walked my three miles anyway. It was overcast, thundering and looked like it might rain any minute, so we carried our umbrellas. As it turned out, we didn't need them as it never rained. I guess the weather scared a lot of people because there weren't many folks out walking today. It was a much cooler walk today with a breeze blowing and no sun. Oh, how I want to get rid of some more pounds and pray that all this walking will make a difference.

All of the family except for Stuart and Mitch will be back to my house on Thursday of this week. On Friday, Angela and family are having to head back to Nashville, TN to pick up Ethan who has been at the Stamps Baxter School of Music for two weeks and Jawan and children will head back home as well. However, I get to keep Emily for a whole week while they are gone as they (Angela and family) will be going to camp with the youth from their church after they pick Ethan up in Nashville. So, I'll get to take her to work with me again next week at least a day or two. Hopefully, we can arrange for her to spend a night or two with one of her friends to keep her from being bored at my office.

Ok, enough yaking. Until next time...Wanda.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still read your blogs!

Heidi said...

The pics of you and the kids on Jawan's page are absolutely precious. I am so glad she posts pics like that!

Way to go on walking all those miles...I will soon be taking up that same activity but with a stroller in front of me ;-). I have QUITE a few pounds to lose.

We can't wait to see you in september with our new arrival!!!

We love you. Mwah!