Thursday, July 17, 2008

Decided to try again!

Yes, it really is me! I almost decided never to blog again, but aw, I couldn't resist. It's been so long that probably no one ever checks in any more. Anyway, let me see if I can fill you in my "doings" since the last time. I've had the joy of celebrating grandchild #6's (Abigail) first birthday which meant I got to be with Nos. 4 (Andrew) and 5 (Luke) as well. Then this past weekend, we had our homecoming at church at which son-in-law Steve preached and we got to sing as a group again. This meant that I got to spend a little time with Nos. 1 (Meredith), 2 (Ethan) and 3 (Emily). They left shortly after lunch to take No. 2 (Ethan) to Nashville for a two-week Stamps Baxter music school, and left No. 3 (Emily) with me until they returned on Monday night. I took Emily to work with me on Monday, and she seemed to have a good time between playing with her Nintendo DS, drawing pictures for me, helping me with copying, filing, etc. The picture above was also taken over the weekend when Steve's sister invited us all out to her house to grill hamburgers. If it weren't for these Georgia gnats and mosquitos, it would be enjoyable to sit outside.

Oh, another exciting thing that's transpired is that I reconnected with another childhood friend from Mississippi (did I already tell about that?). I'm planning a trip in September to see my brother, Paul, and visit with this friend while there. She only lives about 25 miles from him, so I'm excited about the visit. Bless his heart, on top of having throat cancer, almost no voice, and a feeding tube, he fell about a week ago and broke his foot. The treatments he's had to take have made him so weak it caused him to fall. I'm praying that things will start to improve for him and Millie. She's such a trooper and loves that hubby with all her heart and takes really good care of him. But, there's not much she can do to restore his strength, so we'll have to rely on the Lord for that.

As I read my daughter Jawan's blog today - www.themcginnismessage.blogspot.com - I was again reminded of how blessed she is with friends. Even when she was in high school and college, that child had more friends than anyone I've ever known. She's such a people person and so down to earth that others just can't help but love her. She's like a magnet that draws people to her and I'm so glad that her life is filled with loving friends. Of course, being just a little biased, I think everyone should love her!

My oldest, Angela, is the same way. She has many, many friends as well. Of course, both daughters are preachers' wives, so that may have a little to do with it. But they are both loving, caring ladies with such sweet spirits. They are both wonderful wives, mothers, and daughters. Hopefully, they got a little of those traits from me. ha.

As for my youngest, Stuart, he never meets a stranger, can talk to anyone about most anything, and is a nut! ha. The sweetest nut you ever want to meet! He was a 4.5 pound preemie at birth but is now a 6' 1" man. His two sisters love him dearly, as does his mom, but just don't get to spend enough time together. He's still single as God has not led him to "the one" yet. But, we are still praying that that will happen. He loves to aggravate, tease and wrestle his sisters when they do get together, loves to play with his nieces and nephews, and shares his heart with all of us. He and his best friend have their own business and are both having to work hard to get it established.

Heidi (my sweet nephew's wife, which makes her my niece), if you read this, yes, I'm okay. Just been lazy about blogging. I've checked in on yours as well to keep up with Baby B and everything that's going on in yours and BB's lives. When I come in September, I plan to pop down your way to see the house transformation as well as Baby B (I'm sure she'll have a name by then - ha). I'll keep you posted when I get details worked out.

Ok, when I came home from work today, I promised myself that I was going to work on cleaning up this house. Well, I got the dishes washed, went for my 3-mile walk, came home and ate, and here I sit - not accomplishing a whole lot! So, gotta go and see if I can force myself to do something. Until next time...Wanda.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you decided to try again! I love those long, newsy ones ~ that is the way I keep up with you and the happenings in your busy life!!

I don't blog, but I am sure glad you do ~ I love it! ...And I love you!!!!!

Your Sis

Stuart said...

Best blog ever. Keep em coming and don't bug me about me not updating mine! lol.