Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No subject

I've run out of titles! Anyway, I've been very busy getting acquainted with my new job, the people, the routine, details, etc. It seems to be getting busier by the day - guess the more I learn the more I have to do. That's okay because all of the staff have been super helpful and kind, which makes the learning process so much more enjoyable. The only complaint I have is about the language I hear. It could be a lot worse, but I wish it was not an issue. Maybe this is my new mission field!

I had a blessed Mother's Day. I got a gift and card in the mail from Jawan on Saturday, ate lunch with and got a gift from Angela and family on Sunday, got a call from Stuart on Sunday afternoo0n, as well as one later from Kristi (my soon-to-be daughter-in-law). So, have the day start off in church, all of the in-between attention, and ending it in church made it a great day.

I'm looking forward to this weekend as I'll be going to Stuart's to get some wedding plans (rehearsal dinner mostly) nailed down. I'll get to meet Kristi's mom and step-day and some of her family as well. I've made arrangements for my backup to play at church for me on Sunday so I can stay over and go to church with Stuart and Kristi and come home Sunday afternoon. I'll have more to share with you when I get home.

We had our ladies' meeting tonight and had 12 in attendance (only about half of what should have been there). Our pastor's wife brought the devotional, which was really good and something all of us should continually strive for: concern, compassion and commitment. I just wish I could get through to the ones who don't come these three characteristics, especially about commitment.

I know it's short, but, hey, it's something! Until next time...Wanda.

No comments: