Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Job!

I just finished my second day on the new job and love it!!! Of course, I haven't done any work yet but tomorrow should be the real "start" for that. I've been getting acquainted with the staff, procedures, office layout, etc. Everyone has been really friendly and helpful, and I've already made friends with the bookkeeper (she's my age) and went to lunch with her today. I won't be working for any particular attorney and have been assigned one duty of being the PR person for the firm when a new potential case is called in. I took one today and was complimented on how I handled it. Whew! The main boss told me today that tomorrow we would have a meeting and divide up some of the files (about 30 are coming to me) and that would keep me really busy. You wouldn't believe the number of cases they currently handle. It's unbelievable and I wonder how they keep up with all of it. Guess I'm about to find out. ha. I'm having to shift from the defense mode to the prosecuting mode, which may take a while. This is a plaintiff's firm, which explains their case load. The drive to work is about 11 miles shorter with much less traffic, so it only takes about 25-30 minutes to get to work vs. an hour on the old job. I can sleep later, leave later, and get home earlier. Nothing wrong with that picture, right?

Getting home earlier, I was able to walk at the lake this afternoon. Since this is my first day to get back into the routine, I only walked two miles. My goal is to walk three miles a day three times a week and drop 20-30 pounds before Stuart's wedding in July. I just pray that I'll stick to it!

Will update you more later. Until next time...Wanda.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats! Sounds exciting!