Sunday, April 05, 2009

News! News!

I am so excited and thankful! I have a new job! I start in one week at another law firm in another town that's closer with much less traffic. This commute should take about an hour and a half off my drive time each day, so that will be a blessing. I give all the glory to God because He worked it out, and I thank each of you who prayed for me to find something. It's really a bad time to be job hunting, but God knew his plan and provided just what I need. Wow! I'll let you know once I start how things progress. I do know the work load will be heavier as this is a plaintiffs' firm. For the last 18 years, I've worked for a defense firm, so I gotta change horses and learn this program. ha.

I'm also excited about my youngest daughter and her family coming to my house this week during Spring break. Since the oldest, her husband and three children live here, all of them will be here at some point (or several points) during the week. Two grandchildren have birthdays on Wednesday (Emily -Angela's youngest - will be 9 and Andrew - Jawan's oldest - will be 5 - born on the same date four years apart). So, we're gonna party!

My house guest is back for six months, so I have a teenager in the house once more. Jon is a wonderful young guy and I enjoy having him around. I found out this morning that he is a really heavy sleeper. His alarm began buzzing at 7:15 this morning just as I was getting up and buzzed for the next 33 minutes before he turned it off. I was about to check on him to be sure he was still alive! ha. If I had not been taking a shower, putting on makeup with the radio on, I probably would have knocked on his door and aroused him. But, he finally turned it off, got up, dressed and made it to Sunday School and church on time.

My grandson, Ethan (age 17), is now singing with two other guys in a group called Life Song from Madison, FL. Last night (Saturday), they did their first concert at Jelly Stone Park in Madison, so I, my friend Dianne, Jon, and Angela and family all went. One of the guy's mom had prepared a free spaghetti dinner and dessert. Yum, it was sooooo good! I am so proud of Ethan. He has a wonderful voice and is having so much fun singing with the other two. One of them is married but the other one is not. They plan to do a CD in June so I'll be reporting back to you on that.

After a week of pouring rain, Friday and Saturday were absolutely gorgeous - warm (almost hot) with blue skies without a cloud to be seen. Today was overcast and sprinkly and it's supposed to rain some more this week and turn cooler. Seems it usually does that just before Easter. I hope all of you have a great week and celebrate our Lord's resurrection on this coming Sunday with a day of worship and reflection on what a sacrifice Jesus made for us so that our sins could be forgiven. He gave his life - let's give Him ours!

Until next time...Wanda.

1 comment:

Norma said...

Praise the Lord! God does answer our prayers, doesn't He. I love you, Sis!!