Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thankfulness Update

I just got home from Wednesday night church and feel great! I've been in a bit of a depressed fog the last couple of days, but it has lifted and I'm again counting my blessings. I could name several reasons but won't go into that at the moment. We are studying about Noah on Wednesday nights for a few weeks and, when you really think about his life, it makes you look at your own with a different mindset. Wow, he was 500 years old when he began building the ark and it took almost 120 years to finish it. Just think of the ridicule and horrible things that were probably said to him by neighbors and friends who had never seen rain; then the years it took to build - would we be willing to invest that kind of time in a project?; then when finished, he had all those animals to care for (hard to imagine the amount of food it took for the year they were on board); plus being cooped up and not able to go anywhere! You see what I mean? I don't have any problems. ha Of course, he was in the middle of God's will, which probably meant he had that perfect peace to enable him to cope with whatever came along. So, I'm thankful for all the people in my life (children, grandchildren, church family, friends, etc.), the "things" God has blessed me with, and the spiritual heritage given to me by my wonderful parents (who are now in heaven). Until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart. Mom.

No comments: