Thursday, July 19, 2007

Book Signing

My friend's (Debbie Griffiths) book came out today - "LITTLE LADY, BIG DREAM" - and she had her first book signing this afternoon from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Southwest Georgia Technical College here in Thomasville (she graduated there from nursing school in 1975 at age 18). I just couldn't miss it, so I took off early from work and served as her official photographer. I used her camera and don't have any pictures to attach. It was a huge success: her publisher was there, she sold approximately 150 books, the talk she gave (as well as her publisher and the president of the college) was wonderful, the decorations were beautiful, the food was delicious, and I got to see several people I have not seen in a while. I am so proud of her and am so humbled that she listed me on the acknowledgment page as helping her with the book. She is a sweet friend, and I hope her book does well. Check out her web site at http://www.littleladybigdream.com/ You can even order a copy of the book from that site, as well as read all the comments, sign the guest book, etc. She has two signings on Saturday that I will help her with as well. As you can tell, I'm still excited but must move on to something else before bedtime. Until next time...Mom.

No comments: