Monday, August 06, 2007

Back to the Norm

What a sweet week I had last week with both of my girls and five of my six grandchildren. Of course, I had to work during the day and only got few hours with them at night, but the time together was wonderful. From the 1 month old to the 16 year old, the children were precious and endeared themselves to me more than ever. How sweet it is to have those little arms reach up to me and wrap themselves around my neck and give kisses and hugs and say "I love you, Gami." (at least the three who could talk. ha.) They all left on Saturday afternoon and the house was quiet, quiet, quiet. However, I am not a moper, so I washed every dish in the kitchen and then went shopping. What else does a woman do to lift her spirits? ha.

Sunday, as you already know, is my favorite day of the week and this one was no exception. Sunday School, worship, lunch, leisure afternoon, and back to church at night was the norm for me and I love it! I am so thankful for godly brothers and sisters who give support and encouragement and pray for me. I know one in particular did because today at work was so much better. I just knew in my spirit that prayer had been offered on my behalf.

I'm looking forward to this weekend as four of us are going to Atlanta for the Women of Faith Conference on Friday night and all day Saturday. I went to one last year in Orlando and was greatly blessed, so I knew the ladies of my church should have an opportunity to experience the same blessings. Only three others could work it out to go, so we are really excited. The four of us are good friends and will enjoy the fellowship with each other on the way there and back and sharing hotel rooms as we will the conference. I'm sure next week I'll be full of things to blog about.

Must go get some other things done. Until next time...Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was the occassion that they all came to your house for the week?