Sunday, August 12, 2007

Home from conference

My three friends and I attended the Women of Faith "Amazing Freedom" Conference in Atlanta this past weekend and had a wonderful time. We were inspired, encouraged, convicted, challenged, touched, and just overall filled with good music and messages. Patsy Clairmont, Marilyn Meberg, Sheila Walsh, Lucy Swindoll, Sandi Patti, Nicole C. Mullen, Anita Renfroe, Nicole Johnson, Carol Kent, the praise team, and Denise Jackson (Allen Jackson's wife) were all on the program and did a super job. There were a few frustrations: outrageous prices for food, parking and hotel rooms; tremendous traffic (18,000 in attendance just for the conference besides all the regular Atlanta residents); long, long lines; sitting in the nosebleed section, etc. We all came home thankful for our little town and the slowness of life. But despite all of that, it was a wonderful weekend. The icing on the cake for me was getting to have lunch with Stuart on Saturday lunch break. Even though we only got an hour together, it was great to be with him. Now that I've used ALL of my vacation time for the year, I pray for strength to get me through December (just glad we have Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays). So, until next time...Mom.

No comments: