Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Still So Blessed!

I'm late again, but what else is new?! Just returned home from Wednesday night church service, had my coke float (yum! - Butter pecan), and am watching/listening to the Braves. It's been a good week so far and I'm planning for the rest of it to be good as well. I've talked to all of my children this week, got good reports from the Brooks grands on the first day of school, saw some precious pictures of the McGinnis grands, and got a blessing from Stu's blog. How could I ask for more?

I have such wonderful friends! I asked the husband of one of my friends at church Sunday night if he had a chain saw. His answer was "yes, I have three." So, I asked him if some day when he had nothing to do (he's retired) if he would come by my house and cut down some azalea bushes by my carport. He said sure. Well, on Monday afternoon when I came in from work, my yard looked wonderful! He had not only cut the azalea bushes but had cut a dead cottonwood tree in my back yard and had all the trimmings piled out on the street for the trash truck. I called and thanked him and told him I would think of something to do for him, but he said no, he just wanted to do that for me. Christian friends are such blessings and I'm so thankful for those in my life.

I must go cheer the Braves on to victory (they are ahead at the moment) and do some studying before bedtime. Until next time...Mom.

2 comments:

Jawan said...

I can't wait to see the yard when we get there for Labor Day weekend!

Anonymous said...

I tell ya, that whole house is going to look different when I get there. I sure hope I don't drive past it!