Monday, September 10, 2007

Still here!

Ain't she sweet!! My newest grandbaby (Abigail) - eight weeks old in this picture and just smiles up a storm! I had both of my girls and their families (well, most of them) for Labor Day and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. WOW, was my house quiet when everybody left on Monday afternoon, but it didn't take long to get back into the "rut."

I had a good busy week, a great weekend, and am beginning another busy week. Each of my three attorney bosses has a trial in the next two weeks, so you can imagine my work load. I love being busy but sure come home tired. But I count my blessings: I don't have to cook when I get home; I don't have to clean; I don't have to do laundry; I don't have to do anything that I don't want to do; I don't have to answer to anyone; I can go where I please, etc., etc., etc.. ha. Sounds great, and most of the time it is. However, there are disadvantages: There's no one (humanly speaking) waiting on me when I come home; there's one to encourage me; there's no one to make me feel special and loved; there's no one to share the events of my day with. Sometimes that gets to me; sometimes I love it. I'm spending more time with the Lord in His Word, in prayer for my children/grandchildren/extended family, so I guess the time alone is valuable. I do have to be on guard, however, for Satan stands ready to attack my thoughts. Believe me, he comes at me quite often and tries to make me believe that, oh well, just take my word for it - he has his tactics. But you know what I am very thankful for? My sweet daddy who is in heaven now taught me something (one of many, many things): We can't help growing old in number but we don't have to grow old in attitude. I'm thankful for that and really don't feel my age. In fact, sometime (until I look in the mirror) I have to remind myself that I am not 30 something anymore. Most of the time, I'm a very optimistic person. Thank you, Daddy.

We have a man in our church (in fact, he pastored the church I go to for 35 years until he retired but I was not a member there during his pastorate) who analyzes handwriting. I think everybody in the church has had him to do theirs, so I wasn't gonna be left out. I've read many of the ones he analyzed, and he never says anything negative about the person. Therefore, I kinda liked what he said about me. ha. Maybe I'll share it with you someday.

Ok, Renae and Jawan, I've blogged again. Can you believe my sweet niece in California let me know today by e-mail that I needed to blog again?! That's ok, Renae, I'm just glad you're finally using the computer to e-mail. ha. This one is so long, you may hesitate to encourage me again. Anyway, until next time...Mom.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi Aunt Wanda!

I am so glad you blogged again, too! AB looks so sweet!! :-)

Love you!

H

p.s. thanks for the singing message!

Anonymous said...

too funny that Renae got you to blog again! She's all over using her computor now! ha I check your blog everyday & have been waiting for you to change it also! ha She beat me to it ragging on you! ha

Jawan said...

I love reading my mother's thoughts.