Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ad Lib-bing

Tonight was our ladies' meeting at church, and we had 16 ladies present. The speaker I had lined up to do the program called me after lunch today at work and told me she was not going to be able to be there. I had about an hour to come up with something to substitute. I understand her reason, but it sure was a letdown. Naturally, all of our ladies were disappointed also. I did book her for next month, so let's pray it doesn't rain that day/night. This is a school teacher who was on her way to school one morning (in the rain) and someone hit her head on. She was in the hospital for weeks and, at one point, didn't know if she was going to make it. She still has to use crutches to walk and has not been able to go back to work. I haven't met her but in talking with her on the phone, she sound like a really sweet person and very willing to give her testimony. She just has an aversion to driving in the rain and thought it was going to rain tonight. It didn't. Oh well, we know that God is in control. We had a fun time together anyway with my doing a short devotional and then playing a game about "What's in your purse?" Out of 24 items listed on my sheet, one lady had 15 of them so she won the prize. The person with the strangest item in their purse also won a prize (you'd never guess so I'll tell you -- hemoroid medicine!). ha. We had a lot of wonderful food and fellowship so it was a good night.

Ok, two nights in a row blogging -- how many times do you have to do something before it becomes a habit? I think I've a ways to go. Until next time...Mom.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

I would love it if it became a habit!