Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm Tryin'

Do you know that for a procrastinator such as I how hard it is to do an entry almost every day?! But, I'm trying, so give me credit for that. It's been a good weekend; no yard sale-ing yesterday as my friend (Ramona) had other things she had to get done and there were only three listed in the paper (I think because of the weather forecast no one wanted to do one). So, I had my oil changed in the car, bought a new microwave oven, and piddled until around 4:30 when I went over to Ramona's for dinner. She prepared dinner for nine of us (our pastor and his wife, the visiting evangelist and his wife, Bo and Debbie, me, and Ramona and Herman) and boy was it delicious (barbecue chicken, potato salad, baked beans, seven layer salad, iced tea, and pineapple nut cake)!

Our revival started today with Dr. Gene Winfrey as the evangelist. He's 84 years old and has just gotten over aorta aneurism surgery a few months ago. He was with us last year, so we knew we wanted him again this year. His wife, Wana, is so sweet and personable. She played the accordian tonight and sang two songs - she's 83. We are all excited about the services, as the two sermons he preached today were powerful!

Due to the above, I may not write every day. On the other hand, I may.ha. Do procrastinators look for excuses? Anyway, until next time, whenever that may be...Mom.

No comments: