Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blahs and Blessings

Those two don't seem to go together, do they!? Well, I seem to experience both of them quite frequently at the same time (or maybe simultaneously). I know where the blahs come from, so I begin to count my blessings. Maybe that's the reason - to keep me coming back to God and depending on Him for everything, including my feelings. However, I must admit that I feel blessed much more often than having the blahs, so maybe I'm winning this battle!!!!

My weekend was pretty much the same old same old, i.e., Friday night dinner with two friends, Saturday yard sale shopping, breakfast with my friend, running errands, grocery shopping, Sunday church, lunch with the bunch, and back to church tonight. I'm thankful for the privilege of doing all of those normal things, for friends to do them with, and for protection in all my flitting around town.

I just got off the phone with my son and love it when we get into those heart-to-heart talks that we seem to gravitate to every time we talk. He is still single, in business with a friend, and doesn't live close to family, so I pray for him daily that God will keep his hand on him, protect him from harm, provide all of his needs, bless the busines and draw him closer to HIM every day. I can see God working in his life, and for that I'm so thankful. I know the struggles he goes through are working for his good to make him stronger in his faith. That's the same with all of us - if only we will remember that when we are in the midst of trials. I still struggle with my emotional battle several times a week, but am relying on God to pull me through.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Mississippi in September and am already trying to put together pictures to take with me to show my long-lost friends that I'm going to visit while there. I really think anticipating the trip, preparing for it, and day dreaming about the "what if's" of the trip are as big a part of the enjoyment as the actual trip. However, I can hardly wait to see not only my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, niece and their new baby, and my other niece, but to see the friends I haven't seen in 45+ years.

Hope I haven't bored you to tears with my ho-hum rambling. So, until next time...Wanda.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Hey mom! I love our heart to hearts too. We don't have them as much anymore so we'll have to work on that. You know, you can call me anytime if you ever get to feeling blah! I love you so much. We'll have to make a trip down there soon so you can lay eyes on Kristi!