Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Finally found it!



I've been looking for two years for a black entertainment center and finally found it this past weekend at Turner's in Moultrie. The pictures are posted mostly for the benefit of my children, but I'm kinda proud of it and don't mind showing it off. However, my TV looks rather lost and may force me to buy a bigger flat screen more the size of the cabinet. I'll put that on my "want" list and see how long it takes for that to happen. ha. As for the living room, I think this finishes all I wanted to do (except for pictures on the wall). I'm working on the pictures and hope to have them up soon. I found seven black frames at a yard sale that already had the matting in them, so they will look really good once I get them filled. Three are done - four to go! I still have a long list of things I want to do (new window coverings for my bedroom, crown molding for bedrooms, two new bedroom suits, new storage building, landscaping, etc. etc. etc.). I suppose there's no end to that kind of thing, but it's fun to actually be able to accomplish one or two and dream about the others. Who knows!?! I just may get them all done. Oh well, enough of that.

I had another doctor's appointment today for a pap smear and breast exam. Of course every time you go, you have to get weighed. I just was there last Thursday for a "re-establish" visit and was weighed then as well. Guess what!?!?!? Between last Thursday and today I lost another 2 pounds! Wow, was I excited! On the way home from church tonight, I went by the grocery store and bought salad fixings to take to the office for lunch. I've been eating quite a bit of salads and walking my 2 to 3 miles several times a week and think it's beginning to pay off. Gotta keep it up for my trip!! I have another appointment in about two weeks for a mammogram (ugh!) and bone density test and will probably get weighed again. Hopefully, I'll have more good news after that.

Ok, I've posted two nights straight and am give out! ha. It's getting close to bedtime, so, until next time...Wanda.

3 comments:

Jawan said...

Thanks, Mom, ever so much for all the details of your GYNO visit. I'll keep it brief and say that I'm very proud of your weight loss. The rest I'm leaving up to your doctor and your confidential medical file.

Jawan said...

By the way, the entertainment center is gorgeous! I love, love, love it!

Stuart said...

I love it mom! But that opening is HUGE. We should prolly get you a new TV flat screen or something. Can't wait to come home and see it in person!