Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Know, It's About Time!!



Just proving to you I am still here. ha. I'm surprised my blog still exists since it hasn't been updated in so long. Since I wrote last, my sister from Los Angeles flew in, she and I went to Mississippi and stayed a week and reconnected with my friends I hadn't seen in 45 years (one of which is in the picture with me above - Gayle), Angela and family are moving back to Thomasville, I have a house guest for about three months, and my Ladies Retreat with my niece, Sharon, has come and gone. Wow, how time flies when you're having fun! Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, too! I just got home from having dinner at the Plaza with some friends (ate too much as usual) and am sitting here listing to it drizzle rain outside. It has been kinda cool today, so I think summer is on its way out.

My walking buddy (Ramona) has chickened out on me, so I've had to walk by myself this week. That was ok, as I can walk faster alone, but I miss her company. Maybe she'll miss it too and want to start again. She and I usually yard sale shop on Saturday mornings, but with the weather cooling off, there probably won't be enough to bother with. There are other things going on, however, so I'll take advantage of those. The Boston Marathon is this weekend, Old South Day is in about two weeks, Calico Days are sometime in November, etc. etc. etc. See? There's lots to keep me busy!
I've found out in the last two weeks that my office is closing at the end of the year. One attorney is retiring and two of the other three are going with another firm. Where does that leave me? I don't know. The two that are going with the other firm may or may not be able to take me along, so I may or may not have a job at the end of the year. I'm just praying for God's guidance because I know HE will take care of me. I'll keep you posted.
Until next time (whenever that may be)....Wanda.

No comments: