Monday, December 01, 2008

Holiday Blessings!

I had a super wonderful Thanksgiving week. Why?

1) I had three days off work (usually just have two);

2) My son came home and brought his girlfriend (Kristi) whom I had never met (Shhh--I loved her!);

3) Both of my daughters and their entire families were here;

4) I had all six of my grandchildren here at the same time (see picture above);

5) We had Thanksgiving lunch at my mother-in-law's house (43 people in all);

6) I got started on my Christmas shopping;

7) We took the children to see the Christmas lights at the Flowers Bakery corporate offices (that's always a biggie for Thomasville);

8) Angela and Steve bought a house!!!! (It's beautiful and the first house they have ever owned. Well, they haven't closed the deal yet, but that should happen in a few days);

9) Had wonderful services at church Sunday morning and Sunday night;

10) All of my children had safe trips home (prayers were answered);

11) I had out-of-town guests overnight on Saturday (my grandson's girlfriend, her dad, stepmom and little brother). I loved them as well despite the fact James (the dad) beat Angela and me at Phase 10 (why is it when I teach someone how to play they always beat me?!!!);

12) I had 15 people for dinner on Saturday night, so it was quite noisy but wonderful;

13) I had lunch Sunday with my usual bunch of church friends; and

14) God is good, and I'm so thankful for family and friends.

On another note, the last time I blogged I listed several people who were on my prayer list.

1) First of all, good good news! My brother Paul has been taken off his feeding tube, the doctors were able to stretch his esophagus, and he's eating again! He says he is eating everything in sight and then going to the fridge to see if he missed anything. ha. Wow, what a miracle!

2) Second, and not good news, my brother-in-law (Gwin) in California has been diagnosed with colon cancer. However, God is in control and we are praying for another miracle. My sister is so strong in her faith and is believing and expecting that miracle. It will be exciting to see what God does. Whatever HIS decision, it will be for the best. As the song says, if I stay, I win and if I go, I win. Gwin has been preaching the gospel for 57 years and has been so faithful, so I know he would be on God's "favorites" list if He had one, which He doesn't.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving and are looking forward to an exciting and blest Christmas season. Until next time...Wanda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great update! Thanks.