Monday, March 20, 2006

What a Week!

Wow, what a joy it was to have a whole week with all five of my grandchildren and my middle child. I got to experience (after many, many years) the routine of dropping three children off at school each morning to three different schools. That really made me appreciate these mothers and wonder how I did the same thing with my three once upon a time. Guess you just do what you gotta do!! I have the sweetest, kindest, best behaved grandchildren in the world, so we had no problems at all during the week. Thank you to my daughters and sons-in-law for their love and training with their children. Angela and Steve got home late Thursday night from their conference and carried their three home.

Jawan was my program for my Women's Ministry meeting on Tuesday night and did a wonderful job with the devotional and craft. I'm still getting "thank you" from ladies for such an enjoyable time. Thank you, Wannie, for being so willing to share when asked. You are precious. On Saturday morning, Jawan and I went out to New Shiloh and did the craft with Angela's ladies. Just another wonderful time sharing with our sisters in Christ and having fun as we crafted.

I had a wonderful telephone visit last night with Stuart, and he blesses my heart each time we talk. He told me he went to Sunday School and church yesterday and afterwards a group from his SS class went to their teacher's house for a time of fellowship. I'm so glad he took that step and is making some new friends. I can see God's hand on his life and am so thankful. He is going to Jacksonville, FL this week to a golf tournament and plans to come to my house on Saturday morning and spend the night with me before going home on Sunday afternoon. Yippee!! (The race was rained out that he had tickets for; and no date with Shannon as yet. The ball is in her court and he plans to do nothing more unless he hears from her.)

This will be a busy week for me as the ladies at church are giving one of our members a baby shower tonight, the directory committee meets tomorrow night (of which I am the coordinator), church on Wednesday night, etc., etc. But you know what? I love being busy and look forward to each appointment. I'm so thankful to have the health and energy to do these things (just wish I had some left for house work. ha). For now, however, that's about it. Until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart!!!! Mom.

No comments: