Monday, March 06, 2006

Marching On

I know, I know, it's been way too long since I updated, but I'm a busy lady and a procrastinator at that. I figured there wasn't enough interesting stuff to write about, but my youngest daughter says do it anyway. She has an inquiring mind and wants to know! So, here I am. Today has been a mixture of emotions. My office manager's funeral was today at 11:00, so the whole office turned out for that. She was a really sweet lady and will be missed greatly. The rest of the day was good - weather was beautiful and I had lots to keep me busy at work. We also began taking our pictures for our church directory today and I have just gotten home from that (10:24 p.m.). I am the coordinator and will have to be there again tomorrow night until the last person is photographed. I'm not complaining - just letting you in on my activities. We had a good turnout, and I'm really excited about the finished product that we will receive in about month. My committee still has to get together to make decisions on the cover, layout, etc. It will be the first directory the church has ever had, and I think everyone will be very proud of it. There are lots of good things happening at our church: we are growing by leaps and bounds and have outgrown our educational building. So, plans are underway to build a new wing. I'm very thankful to have a pastor who has a vision and is so determined to bathe everything we do in prayer before moving forward. New people have joined, and I am getting to know them better and becoming friends. In fact, tonight on the way home from the church, I went by the home of one couple and visited for almost an hour. (She is on my committee and was at the church with me for the picture taking.) Last week, I went by another couple's home to drop off something, and they live in a BEAUTIFUL house. Guess what I had to do when I got home? Repent. Boy was I covetous. I'm thankful that all my needs are met, but I sure wish I could have a pretty house. Is that wrong? I still haven't gotten my new carpet but one of my new friends is also needing carpet so she and I are going shopping together soon. I don't trust myself to pick out something on my own. ha. I'm excited about next week -- Jawan, Andrew and Luke are coming to my house for most of the week and she is going to be my program for our Women's Ministry meeting on Tuesday night. We're going to hear her testimony and then do a craft that she will teach. I can hardly wait to get my hands on those babies, and I know the women will really enjoy the meeting. I'll have the double blessing. ha. Also, Meredith, Ethan and Emily will be staying with me Tuesday through Thursday while Angela and Steve attend a pastor's conference. I'll have to take each of them to school in the mornings and Jawan will pick them up in the afternoons. We'll have a pallet party for three nights!! Ok, I've bored you to tears, so I'm going to quit for now. As soon as I think of anything else, I'll update again. In the meantime, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart. Mom.

No comments: