Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blessings!


My children are at the top of my list of blessings. I'm so proud of all three of them - they bring joy to this mom's heart. I'm blessed with six beautiful grandchildren, two wonderful sons-in-law, a great job, a Biblically based church and pastor, Christian friends, a home, food, clothing, etc., etc., etc. There are so many more that I did not name (I'd be here all night if I named them all), but there are two or three more that I want to mention. God knows when we need a "lift" and sends just the right person. This week, those persons have been my sweet, wonderful, beautiful, godly sister, Norma, and her oldest daughter, Renae. Both of them have either called, or e-mailed, or both with such sweet words of encouragement and love. After sharing with them some low moments I've experienced recently, I picked up my Bible not thinking of any particular scripture except I knew I wanted to read in the Psalms. Guess which one I chose -- Chapter 143 (NASB version). I'm so thankful David shared his heart with us! He had many low moments as well and it makes me feel better to know I'm not the first (or the last). So, thank you, Norma and Renae (and David), for following the urging of the Holy Spirit to connect with me this week. We have put the devil on the run!!!!!
I had some blood work done yesterday just to be sure I'm ok physically and today I have a whopper of a bruised left arm. I knew it hurt pretty bad when the technician stuck the needle in and now I know why. The last time I had it done (about a year ago), I was not even aware of the procedure. Just shows that some know how to do it and others don't.
The weekend is upon us, and I'm looking forward to all of my extracurricular activities. ha. There are a lot of things going on in town and the surrounding towns, so there won't be any lack of things to do. In addition, our fair is in full swing this week, so I may go wander around down there a while on Saturday evening and people watch and look at the exhibits and animals. It doesn't take much to entertain me as you can tell.
Until next time...Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aunt Wanda - I was thinking about you and decided to check your blog; I was surprised to see Mom's/& my name listed. Thx for the sweet words! What is family for if not to be there for each other. I love you w/all my heart...wish we lived closer!!! I miss you soo much at times, my heart aches...Well, it's Fri pm and I'm going to Nikki's house to pick up my 5yr old grandson; he's spending the night w/me and Poppa tonight. He's soo excited about that. I took him to Walmart after school today and we bought the movie "Transformers" so we could watch it tonight while he's staying with me. So I'm off to get him. Talk to ya later. I truly enjoy reading your 'blog'! All my love, Creta Renae XOXOXOXO