Sunday, October 21, 2007

Life is Full!

I've been very busy the last week, but it's all been wonderful:

Tuesday night of last week: We had our ladies' meeting at church. The speaker I had lined up was sick and couldn't come (which I found out about the night before the meeting), so my friend improvised and wrote a skit. It was hilarious and such fun! Maybe we need to be spontaneous more often!

Wednesday night was church.

Thursday night, I sat with my mother-in-law for about four hours. She had back surgery about three months ago and has had no feeling in her legs since. I took my Phase 10 cards and taught her how to play, watched game shows, talked and had dessert. It was a good visit, but my heart was really heavy upon leaving knowing how this once vibrant, active, full of life woman is now totally dependent upon others for everything. However, her spirits are good, and she knows God has her in this situation for a reason.

Friday night, Steve and Emily came up and we all went to the football game. Thankfully, our team won so it was a good outing.

Saturday and Saturday night, Emily was at my house. She and I slept late, ate a good breakfast, went to Pet Stop and let her look at the animals and buy her cat a toy, went to Lowe's and Walmart to get groceries and a toy for her (yes, you can't take her to Walmart without buying her something!). ha. Back home and watched a movie, ate, picked up pecans in my front yard, played with her new toy, ate supper, had bath and hair washing, read Bible stories, had prayer, and lights out.

Today (Sunday): Steve preached at New Shiloh's (the church he pastored before going to the one in Florida) homecoming, so I went there instead of to my church. Angela and Ethan drove up as well, so all of the family was together except for Meredith who left this morning with the FFA school group for a week in Indianapolis, IN for the FFA Convention. Angela, Steve, Ethan and Emily left about mid-afternoon going back home (with Emily just crying her heart out because she didn't want to leave me! Aren't grandchildren wonderful!). I went back to my church tonight and to Dairy Queen with the usual bunch after church. Just got off the phone with Jawan, Andrew and Luke, so my day has been great.

Hope all of you have a wonderful week. I would ask that you keep Jawan in your prayers as she goes tomorrow for an out-patient procedure. Just pray that all will be well. Until next time...Mom.

No comments: