Monday, October 08, 2007

Bitter Sweet

There's no other way to describe this past week/weekend. Bitter in that Steve's dad left this earth; sweet in that I was with Angela and her family. Actually, there was more sweet than bitter: We know his dad is now with Jesus, and nothing can compare to that; Steve did a beautiful job preaching the funeral and I love him more than ever; Angela, Meredith and Ethan sang "Farther Along" a capella that was just the most beautiful ever and, of course, made me very proud; I played the piano for the rest of the service; and I got to spend a lot of time with Steve's family. So, how can we be sad when God is so good to us!

Today at work was very busy but good. Then I got a call from my friend, Ramona, asking me to meet her and Debbie for dinner and whatever else we might think of to do when I got home. So, I met them at Zaxby's for dinner, after which we hit Roses, Freds and Walmart. What fun to share time with good friends, shop and laugh, even though my feet were killing me. I didn't have a chance to come home and change clothes and had on my high heels that I had on all day. Ouch!

It's almost dessert time so must close for now. ha. Until next time...Mom.

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Did you find any good stuff on your spree?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aunt Wanda - Got your e-mail & came straight to the blog. So sorry to hear about Steve's dad; had he been ill? I didn't know anything about it. Sounds like you had a sweet visit though. I didn't know the kids sang w/their mom. I would love to hear them; I really LOVE harmony! Talk to ya later - Rw