Monday, June 23, 2008

Another "Found" Friend!!!

Gee, I'm so thrilled right now because I just got off the phone (a two hour conversation) with a childhood friend that I have not seen in probably 35 years. Her voice didn't sound the same, but mine probably didn't to her either. We really got caught up on children, grandchildren, siblings, parents, jobs, etc. etc. etc. I found her son on the Internet week before last, called him, told him who I was, got his mom's contact information and proceeded to try to reach her by phone. After three attempts, I finally gave up on that and just wrote her a letter. Well, when the phone rang tonight and I discovered it was her, I just knew she had gotten my letter and was calling because of it. But, no, she had not received my letter but had talked to her son! Now when she gets the letter it will be all "old" news. Oh well, a lot of facts will be in writing that she can refer back to if needed. Now I just need to talk to her sister, which should be happening in the next day or so. Friends are so precious, and I'm so glad to reconnect. This is twice this year that I've found someone from bygone days that meant so much to me. I must not let them get lost in the shuffle from now on as they still mean much to me.

I know I haven't posted in a while but have been busy with Vacation Bible School and other activities. Just haven't stopped or been motivated to sit down and write. I'm not even going to promise to try to do better as I never do. I'm still walking in the afternoons three times a week, yard sale-ing on Saturday mornings, attending church, planning Women's Ministry programs, working every day, finding "lost" friends (ha), reading, and whatever else comes along.

Happy Monday to everyone and have a wonderful week. Until next time...Wanda.

No comments: