Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Flowers of Life

I love flowers but just have to admire them from afar as I DO NOT have a green thumb to grow my own. But the flowers I treasure most are the family and friends that have been placed in my life -- some to bless me and some for me to bless. I've had a wonderful weekend doing just that. On Saturday morning, my friend Ramona and I went yard sale-ing as usual. Guess how much we spent!? $.0 How many women do you know that can go shopping and not spend a penny? We did go to breakfast afterwards but that didn't count in the shopping. I came home and did a couple of loads of laundry and then went to Mrs. Sons' (my mother-in-law) and sat with her from 1:00 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. It was a wonderful visit. We talked, played Scrabble, looked at scrapbooks, watched the golf tournament, ate, talked, etc. She seemed so pleased that I came and stayed with her, and I know I came home thanking God for my blessings. She is paralyzed from waist down since her back surgery a year ago, so she's dependent on someone else for all of her needs.

Today being Fathers' Day, I received a call from my oldest wishing me a Happy Father's Day since I'm the only parent she or Steve have left. ha. I've never gotten a Happy Father's Day wish before!! I hope my sons-in-law, Steve and Mitch, both had good days with their wives and children. Hopefully, one of these days Stuart will have a family as well.

Heidi, in case you read this (as you usually do), I am way behind on thanking you for all the comments you leave for me. You are precious and I appreciate your sweet words and thoughts. I am so anxious for Baby Girl Brasher to arrive, the house to get done, and you three really settle in. We'll just have to make a trip out to see all of your "new" things. ha. I love you and Brian, so be sure to give him a hug for me.

Lora Gail, you also read my posts, and I thank you for commenting as well. You are so good about calling me and I appreciate your following though when you think to do so. I'm ashamed of myself for not calling you. I love you and hope all is well with you.

Until next time...Wanda.

No comments: