Saturday, January 21, 2006

Following orders

I've been directed by Child #2 that I need to update my blog, so here 'tis. I've had a good week at work - kinda slow as younger boss is tying up lose ends getting ready to go to another firm at the end of next week. So, he hasn't generated much work. Older boss doesn't have much of a case load and doesn't generate much either, which left me at times with nothing. Anyway, it was a good week and ended on a wonderful note.

Angela and I attended the Gaither Concert at the Civic Center on Friday night and got home around midnight. It was wonderful - artists included Bill and Gloria Gaither, The Isaacs, Booth Brothers, Signature Sound, Jesse Dixon, Linda Randal, Russ Taff, Ben Speer, Anthony Berger, Ivan Parker and The Easters. I think that's all. It started at 7:00 p.m. and was over at 11:00.

Since I didn't get to keep Emily overnight, I went out and picked her up after lunch today and kept her until about 6:30. Naturally, she didn't want to go home. ha. She and I went to Lowe's, and I'm getting new flooring of some sort. They are to call me tomorrow or Monday to set up a time to come by and measure. It will depend on their measurements and what they quote me on wood flooring vs. carpet as to what I'll decide to get. I'm leaning toward new carpet but will let you know about that later. I've decided it's time to do a few things inside my house, and this is one that is really needed.

Just keep me in your prayers about my back - it still hurts unless I take Ibuprofen (for which I am so thankful). I'll probably make an appointment with my doctor this next week to see if she can tell me for sure why it still hurts, i.e. did the jolt when the chair flipped out from under me activate the arthritis that showed up on the x-ray, or is it something else. Just need to know for my own sake.

As I've said before, tomorrow (Sunday) is my favorite date of the week. I look forward to being in God's house with my Christian family. I know ALL of my children plan to be in their respective churches as well, and that makes me feel so blessed. I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart!!! Mom.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

I love you, too, Mom! Maybe you can surely come this weekend to stay with us overnight since Stuart plans on being here for his birthday dinner and your work load is light! Wanna come Friday?