Monday, January 02, 2006

2006 Is Here!

Today is Sunday, January 1, 2006! Can you believe it!!! It's always exciting to me to start something new, so I am excited about the new year. It has been a wonderful day - I love it when the 1st day of the year falls on Sunday. I love being in God's house, and what better way to start the year off than worshiping our creator and redeemer. After all, every good gift comes from HIM, and I have been so blessed with good gifts. Three beautiful children, two godly sons-in-law, and five precious grandchildren. I have a home, food, clothing, job, friends, church, etc. etc. etc. - what more could I want?! I'm about to cry so better move on. I brought the new year in last night at home all by myself. I stayed up and watched the ball drop in New York and then went to bed. That doesn't sound exciting to most, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was safe, not out spending money, and enjoying a quiet time asking God's blessings on me and my family for the coming year.

Yesterday, Grannie, Marge and I all made a one-day trip to Columbus to see Baby Luke, as well as Andrew, Jawan and Mitch. We only stayed about three hours, but it was a wonderful visit. Luke slept the whole time we were there, and I got to rock Andrew to sleep for his nap time. Andrew had a new haircut that was absolutely precious, and Luke had gained a pound since birth. They are both so cute - just wish I could see them more often. Anyway, Grannie, Marge and I had a great time chatting in the car there and back, and we stopped at a roadside stand on the way back and bought boiled peanuts and tomatoes. I was the chauffeur. ha.

I talked to Lora Gale tonight and got caught up on what's going on with her. She has moved into a cottage apartment, and Brian and Heidi will be coming home in about a week to try to wind up some business matters. My heart goes out to them all with this being the first Christmas without either parent. Lora seems to be coping ok, but I will keep her in my prayers.

I have the day off tomorrow and plan to do some cleaning up in the house. Having been gone a week and a half when Luke was born and then having Christmas, the house went with no attention. It's raining tonight, and I don't know what the forecast is for tomorrow. Guess it doesn't matter since I'll be inside most of the day anyhow. My back still hurts but is much better than it was. This past Friday, I paid a visit to my brother-in-law, Tim, who is a chiropractor here in town and he adjusted my back and did an electric massage. It must have helped because I have not taken any pain medication today at all.

Happy New Year to all of you. I love you. Gami

No comments: