Sunday, January 08, 2006

January Marches On

Here it is the end of the second week in January. Wow! It will be Christmas again before we know it. Must start my shopping. ha. Guess that can wait a bit as I am busy with other things right now. This has been a wonderful weekend. I kept Meredith, Ethan and Emily overnight Friday. We went to Arby's and ate and then to Blockbuster where I purchased two used Play Station 2 games for Ethan's birthday (which was Saturday), bought three movies (buy 2 get 1 free), and rented two movies to bring home and watch - March of the Penguines and oops I've just had a senior moment and can't remember the other one (it was a cartoon movie that Emily chose). Anyway, we had a good night watching the movies, chatting, eating, etc. Then, on Saturday, I took Ethan home (did I mention it was his birthday!) and Meredith, Emily, Grannie and I went to see Nikki's baby. Got home about 5:00 p.m. Grannie went home, and Meredith, Emily and I met Steve, Angela and Ethan at Pizza Hut for Ethan's birthday outing. So, it was a busy day but a good one. Today, of course (my favorite day of the week), was wonderful as well. Our missions conference started at church, and we had two missionaries this morning (both nationals; one from the Bahamas and one from South Korea). Tonight, we had three: one from Seoul, Korea, one from Chili (that could speak NO English and used an interpreter), and the other from Mexico. We will have services Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights with more missionaries from other places. I am on schedule to help prepare the meal for Tuesday night, so it looks like it will be another busy week.

I just got off the phone a minute ago with Lora. She called just as I got home from church just to check in and chat and let me know that Brian is flying in on Wednesday to try to wrap up business details. She sounded good and is such a sweetheart. I pray that she and Brian will be able to take care of most if not all of the matters relating to their mom's and dad's deaths. I know it's not going to be easy but God is good and will see them through.

Oh, I got the most wonderful call from Stuart today. I knew from his voice that he was in a good mood, so I asked about his day. HE NOT ONLY WENT TO WORSHIP SERVICE BUT ALSO WENT TO SUNDAY SCHOOL!!!!! Praise the Lord. My prayers are being answered. Of course, he said the devil tried to talk him out of it but he was strong and went anyway. He says he plans to go again next Sunday. Oh, only another mother can know how happy that makes me. I just know God is going to answer my prayers and use Stu Bug in a wonderful way IN HIS TIME!

Today is Mitch's birthday and I failed to get him a card in the mail; therefore, I must call and see if he had a good day.

Nothing else to report just now. Will update again in a few days. Until then, I love you Angela, Steve, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gami.

No comments: