Friday, January 13, 2006

Mid-January update

Gee, time flies when you are having fun! We had our missions conference at church this week (Sunday morning through Wednesday night), and it was wonderful. We had national missionaries from Chili, Bahamas, Korea and Mexico. The one from Chili couldn't speak any English and had to use an interpreter, but boy did he have energy. I was truly blessed and inspired to do more for my Lord than before. I grew up Southern Baptist and will be one of those for the rest of my life. ha. However, since accepting the pianist position as Trinity, I'm having to conform to some of their ways (Independent Baptist), i.e. not participating in the Cooperative Program but rather supporting missionaries direct. Hopefully, the same result will be achieved - many coming to know Jesus as their Savior.

I am on Cloud 9 for another reason this week as well. I can see God answering my prayers for my son!!!!! He took a big leap this past Sunday and went to Sunday School for the first time and stayed for church service - all at First Baptist Jonesboro. He has called me twice this week and we've had wonderful conversations about victories and defeats. Thankfully, he's had more victories than defeats. I am so thankful that he has determined to change some things in his life in 2006. That can only be done with God's help, which he knows, so I'm excited to imagine what else God has planned. He's not where he needs to be just yet, so I must keep praying.

Angela was offered a full-time para-pro position this week at the new Hand in Hand preschool where Emily attends. She has not made a decision yet whether to take it or not, which is another prayer concern. Meredith, Ethan and Emily are all in public school now, so maybe this is what God has planned. I'm sure she and Steve are praying about it and will make the right decision.

Jawan had to have another root canal this week, bless her heart. She's been in pain with that tooth for at least two months, but they couldn't do anything about it until Luke was born. Hopefully, it's fixed for good and she won't have anymore problems with it. Those things are expensive!!! I feel an urge to make another trip up her way to hug and love on those two precious baby boys. I'll work on that.

My youngest boss gave notice this week that he is leaving our firm at the end of the month. I know that doesn't make any difference to any of you, but it will affect me. I still have my original attorney that I love working for, but his work load is very light as he is one of the owners of the firm and delegates. ha. So, I'm sure I'll be assigned another attorney as well, which will mean changes for a lot of us. I'm just praying it will all work out smoothly.

Guess I'll keep Emily (and maybe Meredith and Ethan) overnight again tonight. That is our usual Friday night routine - spending the night eating, watching movies, playing on the computer, playing games, playing the piano, singing, etc. I have a list of "to dos" for tomorrow that will keep me busy most of the day if I follow through. I'm looking forward to a great weekend!! Hope all of you have one, too! I love you Angela, Steve, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Jawan, Mitch, Andrew, Luke and Stuart!!!! Mom.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

Make sure you blog about your Gaither concert experience. Have a good time while there!