Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend in Columbus

I took last Friday (Jan. 27th) off from work and drove to Columbus to spend the day, night and Saturday with Jawan and family. Friday was Stuart's 30th birthday, so he drove over from Atlanta, we all went out to dinner together, and he spent the night and played golf on Saturday with Mitch and Mitch's dad. It was a wonderful weekend of togetherness and loving on those grandkids. Luke is 6 weeks old and growing so fast; Andrew is 21 months and gets more precious every time I see him. I have tried and tried to post a picture made while there but have been unsuccessful. Another thing Jawan will have to walk me through. ha.

Yesterday was a great day at church. We got six new members!!!! We had 18 new members in 2005 and already have six for 2006. WOW! The men of our church had a chili cook-off after service last night with 12 entries. In addition to a Grand Champion, we had 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners as well as honorable mentions and good sport ribbons. ha. The chili ranged from very mild to "on fire" and even had a white chili concoction, which I really liked. In addition to the chili, we had hot dogs, cole slaw, fruit salad, corn bread, crackers, chips, and a table full of wonderful desserts. Needless to say, I went home "stuffed." I am so excited about all the good things that are happening at our church - God is blessing abundantly.

I had a call from Angela this morning asking if I could take Emily to school as she and Meredith were both sick. They both had a night of throwing up, etc. - just hope the other three don't get the bug and that the two of them will be ok soon. Today was to have been Angela's first day as a full-time para-pro at school, but she had to find a sub. What a way to start a job. ha.

I still won't know what my assignment at work will be until next week. My younger boss and our paralegal left and went to another firm, and he was the one who generated most of my work. My older boss' wife is having surgery in Jacksonville, so he will be out all week. Since he is the managing partner of the firm, we will have to wait until he gets back into the office to make decisions. Until then, I'm just floating around helping wherever needed.

As for me personally, first, I ordered new glasses and prescription sunglasses week before last from the Walmart Vision Center. When I went to pick them up, the regular glasses were not right. They adjusted and adjusted but never got them right. However, I took them and promised to try to wear them to see if maybe they just took some getting used to. NOT!!! They are going back when I get home this afternoon. The sunglasses were fine, but a lens fell out. They're going back also. Secondly, I had Lowe's come out and measure my house for new carpet and flooring in kitchen. I have to go by there to pick out carpet and kitchen flooring and get an estimate. Marcus told me at church last night to let him know what the quote was before I gave them the go-ahead as he has a friend who can probably do it cheaper. Third, Wayne told me at church last night to bring my car to him this Friday afternoon and he would fix the rest of it on Saturday. Whooppee!!!!! Fourth, I'm on the Valentine banquet committee and am in the process of working with the other two ladies planning decorations and activities. Hopefully, we can get it together by Feb. 11th.

That's it for now. Until next time, I love you Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Jawan, Andrew, Luke and Stuart!!!! Mom.

No comments: