Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

Here it is the end of Christmas Day (almost at least - 11:30 p.m.), and it has been a wonderful day. The only thing I didn't do that I should have done and regret not having done was to call my Wannie and family to wish them a Merry Christmas. However, they spent the day with the McGinnis side of their family, and I didn't want to infringe on their time together. Maybe I'll touch base with her by IM before retiring. My day began as all Sundays do - going to church - and WOW what a service we had. We didn't cut back on anything just because it was Christmas, and even observed the Lord's Supper at the end. I had little faith before arriving at church thinking we would probably have a slim crowd. Well, God showed me! Our church was full!!!!! Yes, there is always room for more, but it was wonderful to have so many in attendance. My sweet son, Stuart, attended with me, which made it even more wonderful. After church, Stuart and I went directly to Granny Sons' for lunch that was prepared by my sister-in-law, Marge. I think there were 26 or 28 there to eat, and everybody had a place at a table to sit and enjoy the feast. I went out yesterday afternoon and helped Granny set up the tables and get the plates, napkins, glasses and silverware all set. Last night, I prepared supper for Angela and family, Stuart, myself, and Granny. I have overeaten as usual and feel like a stuffed pig. Oh, I must do something about this weight!! We didn't have church tonight, so Stuart and I rode out to Angela's to see what the kids got for Christmas. While there, we watched "Madagascar" together and then brought Meredith home with us for the night. She and her Uncle Stuart have such a bond and are in my room now listening to the CD by "Casting Crowns" and discussing spiritual matters. Tomorrow, Stuart has promised Ethan that he will pick him up and the two of them will go to Walmart or somewhere and buy Ethan a memory card for the Play Station 2 he got for Christmas. I'm so thankful Stuart likes spending time with his niece and nephew. Since he plans to be home all week, I have a list of "to dos" for him. ha. Oh, he called Amanda this afternoon, and they have a date tomorrow night! Hurrah! I don't have to work tomorrow and will probably spend the day taking down Christmas decorations, gathering up the empty boxes and trash, and putting my gifts together. So, until next update, know that I love you Angela, Steve, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Jawan, Mitch, Andrew, Luke and Stuart!!!! Mom. P.S. Jawan, I showed off Luke's pictures to everybody at church today that I could get to stand still for a minute. ha. They, of course, thought he was a handsome babe!

No comments: