Monday, December 12, 2005

Gettin' Ready for Christmas and Baby

I had a really good weekend. Friday night, I stayed in Tallahassee and met my church family at the Seinyard Restaurant in Woodville for fun, food and fellowship. Not having Emily overnight as I usually do, I got up early Saturday morning and went for a haircut, got nails done, and did more shopping. In the afternoon, I went out to Angela's and visited a while, brought Emily home with me for a few hours, and took her home around 6:00. Sunday at church was wonderful, and I took Angela and family out for lunch at O'Neals. After lunch, I took Meredith and Ethan to the Central Middle School Christmas music and really enjoyed that. It was so much fun watching the two of them interact with their friends. Teenagers! ha. Meredith seems to be adjusting to public school really well, and I'm praying that Ethan will too after the Christmas break when he starts. Today has been easy at work as SMP was out of town and FMJ didn't produce much. I shopped at lunch and finished with everyone except FMJ and our paralegal. Tonight has been spent wrapping, sorting, boxing, bagging, tagging, etc. I have it all ready to throw into the car once I get the "baby" call. ha. Stuart sent me a picture of his new truck and then called and we chatted about it for a few minutes. It is a beautiful truck, and I'm so glad he has one. He takes really good care of his vehicles, so this one should last him about as long as his first one did. My ladies' meeting is tomorrow night, and I'm so excited about the progarm. I have asked one of our newest members to give her testimony and I'm going to follow that with the reading of Luke 2 by the little 4 year old girl (on CD) and end with the children singing "Happy Birthday, Jesus" (also on CD). Both of those just bring tears to my eyes and are so sweet. Hopefully, the ladies will be touched as well. (By the way, I sang a solo at church Sunday - "Heaven's Child" - the first one I've done in a long, long time. ) After the program part, we will exchange gifts with our secret sisters and reveal ourselves to them. Then we'll draw for new ones for the coming year and then dig into the food. Sounds fun, huh?! I better close out as this internet keeps shutting down on me unexpectedly. I lost the first one I did, so g'nite all. I love you Angela, Jawan, Stuart, Steve, Meredith, Ethan, Emily, Mitch, Andrew and soon to be Luke!!! Mom.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Mom, you are such a good updater! With those flying fingers! You never said how your solo went at church! did you get any compliments? Get some pics posted!!