Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Baby has arrived!

Wow,what a day!! I drove the one-hour to work this morning only to get a call from Jawan saying her water broke and they were on the way to the hospital. So, I turned off my computer, told the bosses bye, and drove right back to Thomasville to pack my suitcase. I got to Columbus at 1:15 p.m., and the baby was born at 6:50 p.m. Jawan had to have a C-section as the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck, and he wasn't tolerating the contractions. Both Jawan and baby (Luke Brasher McGinnis) are wonderful, beautiful, and healthy. They won't get to come home until Saturday, so I'll get to have Andrew all to myself for a couple of days. I am so thankful that God answered my prayers for Jawan to have a safe delivery, Luke to be healthy, and me to have safety in travel on the way up. God is so good!!! I am at their apartment now, and Andrew is in bed fast asleep with no idea I am here. The babysitter took care of him all day today and did a great job. Won't he be surprised tomorrow morning when I walk into his room!? I can't hardly wait to get hold of him and take him to see his baby brother. I've called family members and e-mailed friends with the news, so my job is done for the night. I'll give you updates later.

No comments: