Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mid-week catch-up

Ok, ok, Jawan has instructed me to update! ha. Since my last post, I have gotten all of the Christmas presents wrapped that I have bought so far and have them boxed up (at least Jawan and her family's) ready to grab when I get that call that she's on her way to the hospital. It suddenly dawned on me that I would need to be ready to go, so I'm glad that is done. It's been a good week at work (always is when I can get rid of the bosses for a day or two). I've been blessed to be able to talk to all three of my children this week as well as my four grands. I love it when Andrew "babbles" to me on the phone and can't wait for him to start talking a blue streak. Meredith, of course, has been the center of attention, as she started to Central High School on Monday. Some, most I might say, of my prayers were answered in that she seemed to handle it really well without any panic attacks or seizures (at least she didn't mention any). Ethan has that to look forward to after the Christmas break, so I hope it goes as well for him. I pray that their home schooling by a godly mother will be a real source of strength for both of them and give them that extra insulation from the things they will be faced with that they've never experienced before. I'm so proud of both of them and just know they will be fine. Tomorrow night, I plan to go downtown to Victorian Christmas and meander. My co-worker, Sandra, is supposed to be here by then, so I'll get to introduce her to some Thomasville activity. Then on Friday night, my church family will be going to Tallahassee to the Seineyard Restaurant to eat together. That is also the night of my office Christmas party, but I chose to go with the church group instead. Saturday, I plan to finish my shopping, wrapping and packing. Then on Sunday, my favorite day of the week, it will be worship. I know I don't lead a very exciting life, but I count my blessings and have peace, so I am very rich! Hope you enjoy reading my ramblings.

No comments: