Thursday, December 22, 2005

Back from Columbus

I got home from Columbus, GA tonight, having been there since last Wednesday when Luke Brasher McGinnis was born to Jawan and Mitch. He weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 20 3/4" long and was delivered via C-section. Mom, Dad and Luke are all doing great. Luke is totally opposite in looks to Andrew: Andrew was fair skinned and blond hair; Luke is dark skinned with dark hair. Jawan says Andrew is hers and Luke is Mitch's. ha. Having an upset in the regular routine, Andrew has been confused about bedtime. It will probably take Jawan and Mitch a week or so to get him back on track.

Stuart is due home tomorrow for Christmas, so I will have him and Angela's family (Steve, Angela, Meredith, Ethan and Emily) for Christmas Eve dinner and gift exchange. On Christmas Day, we have church as usual (including Sunday School - but no Sunday night service) and Stuart and I will probably eat lunch with my sister-in-law, Marge. She always prepares Christmas lunch as her gift to the family, and boy is she a great cook!!! Angela and family will be joining Steve's dad, sister's and brother's families for Christmas lunch. This will be the first Christmas in years that all of my children have not been home. Of course, this year is understandable. With a new baby, Jawan doesn't want to get him away for visiting so soon.

Meredith is spending the night with me tonight; I've learned a lot about my granddaughter in the few hours she has been here. I've known her all of her life, but learn something new every time I'm around her for any length of time. She's a hoot!! We have laughed until my sides hurt; don't know where she gets her sense of humor, but she's got one! ha. (How do you put a giraffe in the refrigerator? - I'll let you think about that and maybe tell you next time I blog along with some other things she taught me.)

I may not get back on here until after Christmas, so everyone have a wonderful, merry Christmas! God bless and remember that HE is the reason for the season. I love you all. Gami.

No comments: