Thursday, September 17, 2009

Beat ya!

I was afraid my daughter would hack into my blog again and write her own thing for me, but I think I beat her. ha. It's been so long since I've done this that I may sound little loopy. I sometimes wonder why I blog as I don't know if anyone but my family ever clicks in or cares, but I get fussed at if I don't. So, I'll try.

We had an awesome ladies' conference this past weekend with Linda Goldfarb from San Antonio, TX as the guest speaker, my first cousin (Virginia Trenor from Aberdeen, MS) presenting the comedy (Minnie Pearl impersonator), and my third cousin from Oxford, MS (Mary Chrestman - go Ole Miss!) as her straight person, and Victory Song from Valdosta, GA (a trio) that presented the music. Our own Julie Bumgardner prepared and served a delicious meal and decorated the fellowship hall and sanctuary. The only way it could have been a better conference would have been for the whole world, well, maybe not the whole world, but a bigger attendance. However, we doubled our attendance from last year, so that's not bad! Hearts were touched, funny bones were tickled, old friendships renewed and bodies nourished. It was a double blessing for me as Virginia and I grew up together in Mississippi and she had never been to my house and neither had Mary. We had such a good time together and, along with our speaker, shopped a lot! I'm already thinking about next year. ha.

You know, God has a way of putting us where He wants us and it's usually in a place where we can be used of Him. If you've read by Face Book page, you know that I love my job. The main thing I don't like about it is the language I hear every day. Today, one of the guys told me that cursing was good because it relieves a lot of inner tension. Can you believe that?! He said he read an article that pointed that out and would print it out for me. I told him in return I would print out something for him. I've already thought of several scriptures that talk about idle words, corrupt words, foolish talk, etc. God's Word is sharper than a two-edged sword, so I hope it clips his tongue. Pray that I will be an example of what a Christian should be and that I can present this in a loving way.

I put a color on my hair last night and feel so much younger! ha. Virginia inspired me as hers is so pretty. Hope all of you have a peaceful and restful night.

No comments: