Saturday, September 26, 2009

It is being and has been a great weekend. Dianne, Emily and I went to hear The Dixie Echoes and Greater Vision last night at the Children's Lighthouse Home in Tallahassee. They were both wonderful groups, but I think The Dixie Echoes were my favorite. Wow, can they evermore sing and interact with the audience. Today, Dianne, Emily and I went to Valdosta (really Lake Park) to the outlet mall and shopped all afternoon. The only thing I bought was food and books - three for me and three for Emily. We found a bookstore that really is an outlet - hardback books anywhere from $.99 to $7.00. I could have spent the whole afternoon there but that was our last stop and we were all very tired. Angela and Steve got home around 6:30, so I took their child back to them around 7:00. Emily was anxious to see her parents but wanted to come back to my house. ha. She's been with me since Tuesday, so you'd think she'd be ready to go home. NOT! I'm so glad my grandchildren love to come to my house. Angela and Steve had a great trip to Gatlinburg for the conference and only had one incident that scared them really bad. They had a few hours of free time and decided to ride the ski lift to the top of the mountain. Something happened that jammed the cable and they were stranded in mid air for about 45 minutes. I doubt they will be getting on another one of those for a looooooooong time. Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm looking forward to being in God's house with my Christian brothers and sisters and hearing the Word. Then lunch with another group of friends. I am so blessed! Thank you, Lord, for your blessings on me.

No comments: