Sunday, October 04, 2009

Back to Normal

Yep, I took Abigail back to her parents today and missed her by the time we were out of sight. She is a precious gift, and I enjoyed her so much. She went to church with me this morning and went right into her age group with no problem. When I picked her up, she had a box labeled Noah's Ark and a whole bunch of plastic animals and two clothes pins with faces drawn on for Noah and Mrs. Noah. She just soaks up the teachings and is being taught by her parents the important things, like the following:

Jawan: Abigail, who made you?
Abigail: God.
Jawan: Who else did He make?
Abigail: Everybody.
Jawan: Why did He make you?
Abigail: For His glory (waving hands in the air).
Jawan: How much does He love you?
Abigail: This much (spreads her arms straight out).

For a 2 year old, that's not bad, and I'm so glad she learns quickly. I know having two sons-in-law who are pastors is no guarantee that all will go well for the children, but I do believe that they are being given a firm foundation on which to stand. Thank you Steve and Angela, Mitch and Jawan for my six wonderful grandchildren and for bringing them up in the house and Word of the Lord!

No comments: