Sunday, October 25, 2009

New Experience!

Yes, I did something last night I never thought I would have done. A friend and former co-worker (Nancy) at another job called me about mid-afternoon and asked if I would go with her to Tallahassee to the Civic Center to see "So You Think You Can Dance!" That's something I really am not into, but I did appreciate her thinking of me and it was something different to do. We went, the Center was full, it was terribly loud, but some of the most amazing dancers I've ever seen to be so young. They had the top 10 from season 5 that a lot of you will be familiar with. I felt really out of my comfort zone but enjoyed the outing. She and I left early enough to stop at Applebees in Tallahassee and eat before going to the performance. Got home last night about midnight.

Come this Friday night, God willing, Dianne and I are going to the Childrens' Lighthouse in Tallahassee to hear the Hayes Family and the Reggie Sadler Family. Now that's my love - Southern Gospel! I love to be touched by the music and words and to be fed spiritually. I guess it's a good thing we are not all alike in our tastes, as it takes one to make us appreciate the other. I do look forward to being with friends on whatever the outing.

Emily spent this past Friday night with me and on Saturday we delivered Cross Creek cards and she talked me into going to the Imagination Unlimited to let her paint something. It's so hard to say "no" to grandchildren, so I caved. Andrew and Luke, I owe you one on your next visit. ha.

I'm looking forward to the coming week and plan to have a good one. Hope all of you do, too.

No comments: