Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So Many Needs!

We are a needy people. Just in my own family, there are financial needs, spiritual needs, emotional needs, and physical needs. I know my family is not unique and I know that thousands, even millions, of people before have gone through the same trials. It is such a comfort to know that our God has promised to meet our NEEDS - not wants - and knows every detail of our lives. He has also promised to see us through whatever trials come our way. There's a song by the Perrys that's called "The Potter Knows The Clay." What a powerful reminder that we are clay in the Potter's hands, and he has a plan to mold us into what He wants us to be. We have to yield to the wheel and His hands and be thankful that He cares enough to work on us. In spite of how it appears, He is in control! Thank you, Jesus!!!

Now that I've preached to myself (and maybe to someone else), I'll just say I am thankful for the blessings in my life. I spent three days last week with my Columbus grandchildren while their mom and dad took a 10th anniversary trip. What a joy it was to play with them, read to them, sing wih them, feed them, rock, hold and finally pray with them at mealtime and before bedtime. It was amazing to hear the spiritual songs they knew and the rules of the home. The two boys had a soccer game on Saturday morning (the coldest day so far this year), and their team won. Andrew was the star of the game and made seven of the eight goals. Luke blocked at least two goals and got in several good kicks to the ball when not the goalie. Both of them played the whole game. Andrew and a player on the other team collided with each other in a head butt, so he went home with a knot on his cheek. As much as I love all of them, it's been a long time since I had all of those chores to do (picking them up from school on Thursday when I got there, taking them home and fixing dinner, giving baths, reading stores, praying with them, putting the to bed; then in the mornings getting them up, fed, dressed, teeth brushed, lunches packed, and dropping off at school, taking them to Cici's for pizza, playing outside, etc. etc. etc.). So, I was a wee bit tired by the time I got home. Guess I'm spoiled by being by myself, doing what I want, when I want or not. But, by my age, I've earned it and don't feel guilty. On the other hand, anytime my grandchildren need me, I'll be there!

Ok, time has gotten away from me again. I must get to bed as I was late this morning due to the fact I got my oil changed in the car before going in. I've decided I will never get "caught up" in my job but do need to get there a little early to get a handle on the day.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I enjoyed reading this post! It was funny to hear you were worn out by all the chores you had to do with the kids. ha

Did mom tell you that we have (2) more great grandchilden on the way? Nikki is pregnant & Cori is pregnant.