Sunday, May 18, 2008

Conference


I just got back last night from the Women of Faith conference in Jacksonville with my five other buddies. We had a blast being with each other and were wonderfully blessed by the speakers. It seemed to be better this year than last or maybe I just needed to hear what was said this year more than last. Whatever the case, it was great. Three of my friends had never been and are just raving about how good it was, how blessed they were, and how they can't wait for next year. Yes, it's going to be in Jacksonville again next year, so I hope we will have a much bigger group to go. With speakers like Patsy Clairmont, Luci Swindoll, Marilyn Mehberg, Sandi Patti, Sheila Walsh, Nicole Johnson and Max Lucado, how could you NOT be blessed. Plus, the music of Nicole C. Mullen was awesome. Not my kind of music but awesome anyway. It was geared more to the young set - very upbeat and loud. ha. But when she sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives," wow, I got chill bumps!! Of course, Sandi Patti and Sheila not only spoke but sang as well and I love both of them. I came home tired and went to bed about 10:15, which is very early for me. However, when I got to church this morning, the rest of the group said they were dragging. Not me! I was rested.

Okay, the weekend is almost over and I have to shift gears and go to work tomorrow. I don't mind and even look forward to it. It will be another short work week for me, as Dianne and I go to Nashville this coming weekend for the Legacy Five annual Memorial Day celebration at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. The hotel is a treat in itself - like a whole city under one roof! After that trip, I have no other travel plans. Gee, I'll have to think of somewhere else to go!

Hope all of you have a great week. Until next time...Wanda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Wanda am glad at you and your buddy had a safe trip to and from there. And at sound like it would be a bless to be there. And hope you and friend have a safe trip. Awww just think at back to back trip kind. HaHa Love you.
Love, Lora Gale