Monday, May 26, 2008

Home Again!



Wow, what a weekend in Nashville! My friend, Dianne, and I (top picture) left on Thursday afternoon after work and drove to Montgomery, AL and, since it was already dark, got us a motel room and spent the night. We drove on in to Nashville on Friday morning (actually it was Friday aftrernoon before we got there). The sessions started Friday night and ended on Sunday.

The second picture above is Christian comedian Ken Davis, me, and Janet Paschal. Dr. Charles Stanley was there also, but I was not able to get a picture of or with him. Ken is so funny yet so inspiring. He did his comedy on Saturday morning and then brought the Sunday morning sermon. He is awesome! Janet brought the house down as well. She's always on the Gaither videos and can really belt out a song. I knew she had been battling cancer, but she shared with us that she had just gone to the doctor last week and got a clean bill of health! Praise the Lord!

The bottom picture (the man in the middle with the dark coat and blue shirt) is Lt. Col. Oliver North (click on the picture and enlarge so you can see him better). I actually got to shake hands with him, and he signed his book for me. What a testimony he has! I have a deeper respect and admiration of him after hearing him speak.

The music was fantastic: The Pfeifers, Voices of Lee, Greater Vision, Janet Paschal, Dennis Wilson and, of course, Legacy Five. It was entertaining, inspirational, and VERY patriotic. Before every session, a salute to the armed forces scrolled by on the screens with the National Anthem and other moving songs being played in the background. The veterans in the audience of 2,000 were recognized and applauded for their service to our Country for our freedom.

Besides the blessings from the sessions, just staying in the Gaylord Opryland Hotel was amazing. This was our second time to experience this, but it was just as exciting as before. You can hardly imagine so much being under one roof. We didn't leave the hotel the whole weekend as everything we needed was there -- restaurants, shops, boat ride (yes, right there in the motel!), pool and spa, etc. etc.

This was the last "trip" planned for the year (until I think of another). I am so thankful God has allowed me to do all I've done so far this year and has protected me from harm. He is so good!! It has been a quiet Memorial Day for me just running errands, stopping by a friend's house to visit a few minutes, and hanging around the house. I now have to face my bedroom where suitcases are still in the floor and the bed covered with "stuff". Yuk! I hate unpacking. Oh well, it's gotta be done. So, until next time...Wanda.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So glad you had a good time, Aunt Wanda!

We are 10 weeks from Baby Brasher! Hope you can come see us maybe?!

Love you,
Heidi & BB